Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

A Time to be Silent


Today we will be celebrating Rowen's 1st birthday!  It is definitely a time to be joyous.  I am not mourning that we didn't get this with Justin, like I would have a few years ago.  I am not at that point in my life anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I miss that little boy terribly, everyday.  I do miss that we didn't get to do everything with him that we wanted to do, or celebrate with him physically special days, like his first birthday; but today I am not sad.  I have not completed my journey, and will not do that until I take my last breath on earth and my first breath of heavenly air. 

However,  this is the end of my journey with the Justin's Jesus blog, and I want to thank all of you!  In the six years I have been pouring my heart out to you, I have been happy, sad, angry, helpful, and yes, even though it hurts to admit, I have also been hateful at times; and for that I am sorry.  The saying "hurting people, hurt people" is one of the truest statements I have ever heard, (and lived). 

You guys have gone through so many "seasons" with me.  Some of you stayed, some of you left, some I have help, some I have hurt.  I am so thankful for each and every one of you whether you were a "blessin' or a lesson". Each one of you were placed in my path for reason, I truly believe that, and appreciate how God has used you in my life.  Thank you for your help and your patience with me as I am sure you have all helped me more than I could ever help you. 

Thank you to those of you who sat with us at the hospital.
Those that prayed from a distance and those that held our hands and prayed.
Those that shared in our happy moments; the day we found out we were expecting again, the day we had Hannah, and the day we had Rowen. 
Thank you for all of your silent prayers, those I don't even know were ever said. 
Thank you for the ones who cried with us and those who cried for us. 
Thank you ALL for just being a sounding board.  For listening to me sometimes be a lunatic, via blogger, and not always bringing it to my attention.  ;)

Thank you for you grace. 

The Bible says there is a season for everything; and I believe that with my whole heart; quite a few of them I have lived out loud on Justin's Jesus blog.  It's time for me to go on to another season.  It's a time for me to be silent, and with that I am posting my very last post.  

Thank you all again, and thank you so much, Lord Jesus, for carrying me through, and continuing to carry me every day of my life.  I would be nothing without you, and I am so thankful for a merciful and graceful Savior who knows I need a little saving everyday.  Lord thank you, for the people you have placed in my life, both on the blog and outside of it.  Thank you for the blessin's and lessons.  Please be with me in this next season.  I love you, Lord Jesus.  Amen

And with that.....May God be with you in whatever season of life you are in right now!
 




Ecclesiastes 3New International Version (NIV)

A Time for Everything

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:
    a time to be born and a time to die,
    a time to plant and a time to uproot,
    a time to kill and a time to heal,
    a time to tear down and a time to build,
    a time to weep and a time to laugh,
    a time to mourn and a time to dance,
    a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
    a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
    a time to search and a time to give up,
    a time to keep and a time to throw away,
    a time to tear and a time to mend,
    a time to be silent and a time to speak,
    a time to love and a time to hate,
    a time for war and a time for peace.
What do workers gain from their toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet[a] no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. 13 That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
15 Whatever is has already been,
    and what will be has been before;
    and God will call the past to account.[b]
16 And I saw something else under the sun:
In the place of judgment—wickedness was there,
    in the place of justice—wickedness was there.
17 I said to myself,
“God will bring into judgment
    both the righteous and the wicked,
for there will be a time for every activity,
    a time to judge every deed.”
18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals. 19 Surely the fate of human beings is like that of the animals; the same fate awaits them both: As one dies, so dies the other. All have the same breath[c]; humans have no advantage over animals. Everything is meaningless. 20 All go to the same place; all come from dust, and to dust all return. 21 Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?”
22 So I saw that there is nothing better for a person than to enjoy their work, because that is their lot. For who can bring them to see what will happen after them?

3 comments: