Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Easter Celebration


It seems that as each holiday passes, I always think about what it would be like to spend those holidays in Heaven.  I have thought about how amazing it would be to celebrate Jesus's birthday with him in Heaven, and what an awesome birthday party that would be to attend!  I've never thought about what it would be like to celebrate His resurrection with Him.  Can you imagine that party!? Being in Heaven with our Lord and Savior, singing His praises and knowing that you are there because He lived, died, and rose again so that you could?  What a joyful noise I am sure! On this side of Heaven it is a glorious day filled with hope and peace, a day of thankfulness, in knowing that we have a home with Jesus; but to actually be there with Him to sing His praises, I can't even imagine. 

I really am blessed to have a child in Heaven that is able to sit on the lap of our Lord and sing His praises, see His light, and feel only His love and not the heartbreak of this world.  Don't get me wrong, it is a little difficult to say that "I am blessed to have a child in Heaven", because ultimately that means that I do not have my child here with me, but then I start to think; "Why would I want to keep him from Heaven?" From living with our Lord, feeling no shame, no hurt, no pain or heartbreak. (I know why, because I am human, living in a human world, with a human heart and mindset.  I am selfish as a human, and even though I know that I could never come close to giving Justin a life any where near what he experiences in Heaven, doesn't mean that I didn't want to keep him anyway.) But what a life that must be!  I can't even fathom what our home in the sky is like, how glorious, how beautiful, how perfect, and my child gets to experience that first hand.  I don't know what an 11 month old coos and babbles sound like in Heaven, on Easter, but I bet it was music to the Lord's ears, and that those coos and babbles were made just for him. 

Thank you Lord for receiving our son into your home; for allowing him to sing Your praises, sit on Your lap, and feel all the love and none of the heartbreak.  Thank you Lord for dying, and for rising again, so that not only Justin, but that all of us will be able to live with you forever. Thank you for that hope and peace. 

I have kind of always thought of Easter as being a solemn holiday, and it is, it is very bittersweet.  For any of you that have watched the Passion of the Christ, there is nothing sweet about how our saviour died, it was brutal, vicious, and heartbreaking...even to watch as a movie. However His rising was the sweetest thing that has ever happened on this earth.  This year I felt something different though.  While yes, I do believe that the crucifixion is something we all need to know about, so that we can understand, even a little, what Jesus went through for us, this year I felt the hope of Him rising again.  Easter had me all giddy, because I know that while He suffered a brutal death, He also had a glorious return, and that return meant my salvation.  That return meant I have a home.  That return meant He loves me enough to die on that cross, to take my sin and shame, and He rose again to give me peace and joy.


While we were singing, "Because He Lives" (one of my favorite songs!) here on earth, I am sure all the angels in Heaven were singing praises right there along with us, at a party in Heaven celebrating the life, the death, and the rising of our Lord and Savior.  Thank you Lord.  Happy Easter Justin.

We hope you all had a very Happy Easter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment