Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

My Family


I'm not quite sure where to go from here, so I will start by telling you a little about the people closest to me.  My family is amazing, we pull together through hard times and always have each other's backs, even if sometimes we don't always get along. :)  My mom got pregnant young, got married  in high school (to Marty), and had a miscarriage.  She got pregnant shortly afterwards and had my sister Kandi and later my sister Heather.  My family is a little confusing when trying to explain all the twists and turns in our family tree, but that is what makes my family so special.  To us there is no half-sister, full-sister, or step-family, to us we are all "family" no matter where the blood lines branch.  My dad got married young as well and both marriages ended in divorce after their own trials and my mom and dad got married had me and my little sister, Jill.  That marriage, also ended in divorce and my mom and Marty (her first husband) were able to rekindle a relationship that had once been broken, but thankfully not shattered completely.  Marty is an amazing guy, a great father, devoted husband, and a wonderful grandpa.  He took me and my little sister in as his own daughters and we are so grateful for him and for all of our family.  My grandparents are one of the biggest inspirations in my life.  They have been together for 56 years and the love and support they provide their family is remarkable.  What a blessing to have them in our lives. I have amazing Aunts who are always there and at times have had to drop everything to be by our sides when we needed them most.  I could not ask for a better family, every single one of them, in their own ways has helped me become who I am today and I am so thankful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment