Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Worldwide Candle Lighting


Today is the day of the Worldwide Candle Lighting, I believe founded by Compassionate Friends.  Tonight from 7:00PM to 8:00PM, we light a candle in rememberance of every child, no matter what age that has passed away, we do this so that there is not only a light shining for them, but for the families that miss them as well, especially during the holiday season.  It is such a bitter-sweet thing to do.  I love that there are things like this that family and friends can do, symbolizing the light of their love that they hold for these children.  It makes the day feel special in a way.  However thinking about why we are doing it is also a sad one.  I wish that children didn't leave us so soon, so that there would not have to be a day in which we light candles for them, but then again, what sort of place would Heaven be if there were not kids in it to make it even that much more special?
 My life has changed drastically since Justin went to be with Jesus, my faith is stronger, my family is closer, and I have learned to cherish all the time I have to spend with my husband, my children, and our families.  Once again, I am so thankful for the amazing people God has put in my life, and I am learning not to dwell on the fact that Justin is not here with us, but that there is a light in our hearts that will shine for him until the day we meet again. 
Tonight I light a candle for Justin, and also for Dakota Cleland, Ben Holbrook, Dacey De Whitmire, Keeley Settles, Victoria Westfall, Ethan "Fred" Metz, Jarid Anderson, Tyler A. Bird, Marshall Barhite, Justin Kniefl, Kaleb, and Bailey.  I will be lighting one more for EVERY other child.  God Bless all you that have had a child, a nephew, a niece, a grandchild, a godchild, a sister, a brother, or even a friend, that has gone to Heaven long before you desired.  My heart goes out to all of you, and to those children.

 If you have a child you would like to write a message to compassionatefriends.org has a memory book people are able to write in tonight... the link is http://www.compassionatefriends.org/AddRemembranceEntry.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment