Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Friday, December 23, 2011

Wow, what a year!


Four months ago, Ryan, the boys, and I decided to stay at my parents house for awhile so that we didn't have to start a "new" routine without Justin.  I remember sitting in my old room talking to my aunt on the phone about different things that had happen since Justin passed; what Riley had been telling us that week, different things people had done, and just all the craziness that week brought on.  As I was talking to her she had asked me if I had written everything down.  I told her I had written about what Riley said about the angels on facebook, calling it Justin's Angels, and if she meant I should write down everything so that when I have bad days I could go back and look through it?  She told me, "well that too, but you need to be writing all this stuff down, because I tell you what you have enough for a book!"  I thought about it over the next few days as I was trying to figure out how to tell people what had happened since I had posted Justin's Angels.  I decided that there was no way I could ever write a book, but I could write a short story and post it on facebook letting everyone know the events that had taken place.  After I posted Justin's Jesus on facebook, it seemed like every day there just seemed to be something else I wanted to put in it.  After posting it three times on facebook, it had gotten too long to post it anymore, so I told people I was done with it and if they wanted to read it I would send it to them.  Little did I know, I was NOT, by any means 'done with it'. 
The day I got the packet from the Iowa SIDS Foundation, (after I settled down and looked through the viable information provided) I had stumbled across a list of resources for bereaved parents, a list of books, dvd's, cd, etc and then it had something stated about publication companies and how to share your story....and now 4 months later Justin's Jesus is completed and in the publishing process.  I'm not even sure what to say....Wow, what a year!!!!

Publication Update
I wanted to let you all know that I submitted Justin's Jesus to Westbow Press earlier this week.  I have heard back from them the past couple of days and right now Justin's Jesus is in the content review stage of publishing, where they go through and make sure that I did not infringe on any copyright laws.  We are also in the process of designing the cover!!!! Very exciting!!!! I asked the lady yesterday what the estimated release date would be and she said 6-8 weeks!!!!!! SOOO, Justin's Jesus should available through Barnes & Noble, Borders, most christian book stores, Amazon.com, as well as the Westbow press website, by March 2012!!!! Thank you again for all of your support through all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment