Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Friday, January 13, 2012

Life's Crazy Turns


This time last year we were anticipating the arrival of Justin, and getting ready for our ultrasound to tell us if we were going to be blessed with a baby boy or girl.  This year we are anticipating the arrival of a book about the death of our beautiful baby boy.  It is the most bittersweet thing I have ever experienced in my life.  While I am so excited to hold the book that contains such a story, I am still heartbroken that in order to have such a great thing happen in our lives, the worst thing had to happen to get us there.  It is crazy how life takes such drastic turns so quickly.  I do feel blessed though, that since we had to go through such a tragedy, that maybe we can help others with our story, through theirs. 

I will be receiving the very first printed copy of Justin's Jesus in just a couple of days, and to tell you the truth I don't know whether I want to cry from the pain of losing Justin that brought this book on, or if I want to scream out in joy that we have something so special to share with others. 

I wanted to let you all know that once I receive the book, and confirm that the printing is of good quality it will then be released to stores and available to order.  I have a favor to ask of all of you, and I know that this may be a hassle for some and for that I am sorry.  The biggest, biggest help would be if those of you who plan on ordering a copy of Justin's Jesus, would go to your local bookstores and request them to order the copy for you.  Because bookstores get their orders through wholesale discounts they generally order more than one copy, which in turn they would put on their shelves, making it more readily available for others who may not know our story, but are looking for a little hope and inspiration after losing a loved one.  If you are not able to do this, that is completely fine also, but if you can will you please do that for me.  

Thank you all once again, for the amazing amount of love and support your have shared through all of this.  I could not ask for a better support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment