Justin Ryker Swick

Justin Ryker Swick

Friday, February 3, 2012

Justin has a brand new friend


Another family in Alden had their baby go to heaven last week.  It's crazy to think that in such a little town a tragedy like this could strike twice in 6 months.  I have got to say, being on the other side of it this time, it is really hard to know what to say and what to do.  I try to think back to the first few days after Justin passed away, and it's hard for me to even allow myself to go back there, however I know I need to so that I can be the best support I can be for this family.
We were so blessed by the way our families and the communities pulled together to help us through this.  I feel as though no parent that is burying their child, should have to go into debt to do so.  They shouldn't have to worry about money, what to make for supper, or being strong enough to hold it all together at a time like this.  We were fortunate enough to not have to worry about that because of the support and love people shared with us.  So I am going to be blunt and ask all of you, especially those in the Iowa Falls/Alden communities to pull together once again and share that same love and support that you all so freely gave to us, show this family just how amazing this community is at  giving to those in need, and show the Beall/Davis family what an awesome community they live in.  Take them food, donate even $5 to little A.J.'s memorial, give them a call, send them a message, or go and give them a hug, show them we are here for them, that they don't have to be "strong enough" they don't have to do it on their own, and that God will carry them through this, by using us as his disciples.  Be an angel on earth to this family.  WHATEVER you can do, do it, even if you think it's not much, a little goes a long way.  And if you have nothing to give, send up a prayer.  Show them that the power of prayer is amazing and that we care enough about those not only in our own communities, but all those mommies and daddies, to pray for them.  God will do the rest. 
My heart breaks for this family, and while I don't know what to say, I will be here whenever they need, praying for them constantly, and I hope that the peace God has given us, he will give to them as well.  I am sure Justin is up in Heaven making funny faces at his new friend right now, and that they are both watching over their families.  God Bless you Melissa Beall, Anthony Davis, your daughters, and family, I will be praying for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment